cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Getting Digital Voice

Go to solution

I switched to BT FTTP last year. I requested Digital Voice when I ordered. It took ages to install the fibre line. Eventually I was supplied with the Digital Voice phones but they would not connect to the hub. After many, many phone calls to customer services it appears that my line was not activated for Digital Voice and I must continue to use the copper line. I was told there were problems with Digital Voice switch overs and they had suspended further roll out until technical issues were fixed.

I feel misled by BT as they offered a service which I ordered, but which they will not supply. I am keen to get rid of the copper connection as the wire route through the house is not ideal. I am not keen on re-routing it and redecorating if copper services will be decommissioned anyway within the next few years. I complained to BT and was called by the complaints resolution person. She would not accept that there was a problem in BT not supplying Digital Voice as I still have a copper line. She implied that copper was just as good. However, BT advertising suggests there are several advantages with Digital Voice so I think there is a problem in allowing a customer to order a service and then not supplying it. 

Does anyone have any idea what BT are doing with Digital Voice roll out? Are the technical issues resolved? When I will be able to get Digital Voice?

Thanks for any info.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Getting Digital Voice

Go to solution

There's now a mass migration to Digital Voice starting with those on FTTP as Openreach are stopping the sell of analogue PSTN services by 2023 and completely withdrawing the service by end of 2025.

At somepoint you will probably get an email/letter about it when you're added into the batches to move.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/what-is-digital-voice-and-how-can-i-get-it-

Info on the migration: https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice-migration

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you. 

By huge coincidence, I have just received the email saying I am being transferred to Digital Voice!!

Problem solved...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Spike_hiker wrote:

Thank you. 

By huge coincidence, I have just received the email saying I am being transferred to Digital Voice!!

Problem solved...

Bear in mind you will lose your phone connection if you have a power cut, unless you have a UPS.

0 Ratings