cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Gold / Silver issue

Go to solution

Hi there, seen that you fixed a 'silver address' issue... I have bt broadband and want to go to Sky as provider as they have a better package. Sky tells me that as my phone number is associated with another address AND when I put in my post code with Openreach, a disaster to contact, they do not show my property. BT will not discuss with me and say it is Openreach, Openreach will not talk to Sky due to this missmatch. Can you help please, William

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Gold / Silver issue

Go to solution

Hi, I am a bt customer, have broadband and phone, have a silver address apparently and need to resolve this as I wish to move to Sky who have a better package. Whey I look at my postcode, it gives only one house out of six having broadband/Openreach, this is nonsense. I need to resolve this and move to a gold address to get away from Openreach silver address error. I cannot get any sense out of Openreach, William

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

I have the same silver address issue, cannot get openreach to make sense, bt wont touch it and Sky cannot, who can help with this?? My house is not shown on openreach postcode search, just one of the other six under the same code. I have broadband and two phone lines here for over 7 years????? Help, William

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Openreach say that it is the communications provider's job... Quote from Openreach chat

Address matching
https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/shared/images/spacer.gif
The
 Address Matching dialogue service provides an upfront service for Communication Providers to search and match addresses against addresses that Openreach recognises. Additionally, it allows address details to be returned for a given address key and allows unknown addresses to be created and given a temporary address key.
The service will widen the scope of the search to cover PAF addresses as well. Where a BT installation address is not found, a PAF match might still be successful.

Address matching
What the service provider needs to do: 
The service provider first needs to confirm with you that the correct address you want is registered with the Post Office (if not contact the post office on: 0345 611 2970), the service provider would then make an ORDI request to place the new or changed address on the Openreach system.  Your service provider will be able to find all the information on the Openreach Portal system that they will also have access to.
All service providers have access to ORDI requests to resolve address issues and they also will have access to the Openreach Portal system

Openreach systems, and therefore Communications Provider (CP) systems which feed into it have two databases to check when placing an order. One is the PAF (Postcode Address File), but the other is the "Name and Address Database" or NAD for short.

When a CP places an order with an address/postcode, the system checks these systems and returns one of three categories of address key - Bronze, Silver, and Gold:

• A Gold key is returned when an address is found within the NAD.
• A Silver key is returned when an address is not recognized within the NAD but is identified by the PAF.
• A Bronze key is returned for an unknown address (e.g. a greenfield site that hasn’t been recognized within the NAD or PAF)..... 

William.... HELP!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

You appear to have resolved this on behalf of others. Are you as a moderator around or others who can resolve please, William

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Re: Openreach Address Name Mismatch with Royalmail

Go to solution

@willcairley I'm afraid this is not something that BT consumer will be able to help you with, as Sky are your chosen provider they will need to resolve any address issues directly with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Frankly I cannot believe the response that it is my chosen provider who needs to sort this out... BT is my chosen provider and they have screwed up the mismatch of addresses, done by Openreach, as far as I am aware, a 100% owned subsidiary of BT. This is frankly a joke. I am completely disgusted that this has been allowed to go for over 7 years and only comes to light as a screw up when a competitor comes into the picture. Outrageous. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

AND, it completely contradicts the response at the top of this list.... Noted that 'as you have an active telephone service with us (BT) then we can resolve this for you!!!!!! I have active phone, second phone and broadband??????

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @willcairley,

I am so sorry for the confusion on our part. You are our Customer so we will do everything we can to help you no matter what you want to do later. We'll be able to check your address with Openreach and do our best to make sure your details match.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. Please make sure you let us know your correct address according to the Royal Mail address checker when completing the form.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Thank you DanielS, appreciate your openness and having the ability to accept a situation which I was about to give up on and lose my existing number and cancel everything. I have sent a chaser to the Royal Mail address bunch to correct an addition of a spurious line which may have been somewhat relevant in the 50's when the original house was built, however, it is now irrelevant since we built our new house in 2011, after demolishing the old property.

Address as per Royal Mail is ***Edited: Personal details removed***. I have advised them of the issue and they are looking at it. However, Openreach only has one property in this post code, this is for house ***Edited: Personal details removed***. The other five properties are not mentioned in Openreach's post code search. I am told by Openreach's chat line that an ORDI request is required. If you wish me to copy and paste all of the detail in this, let me know.

Please let me know when you have resolved the issue and let me know when I can move on from this. Really appreciate your assistance with this. Let me know if there is anything I need to do, many thanks, Will

0 Ratings