cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Home phone

Go to solution

My master socket is in the hall close to the floor. There isn’t anywhere suitable to have a home phone. Is there any phones or solutions that would enable me to have a phone in the lounge without the need for wires trailing everywhere? Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home phone

Go to solution

A cordless phone. There are countless brands and types to choose from, with and without answering machines.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I currently have a cordless phone but it’s not suitable to have the base where the master socket is.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

do you have any extension sockets in other rooms?

do you have broadband?

where does the openreach phone line enter your home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I don’t have any extension sockets.

I do have broadband.

the line enters in the hall behind the front door.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Then there is nothing you can do other than run a cable to an extension socket at the required location. Odd that the location is suitable for your router but not a phone base station.

When you eventually get moved to digital voice, your hub will become a DECT base station so you will have no need for a separate one.

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

if you already have broadband (BT Retail customer?) then you must have the router/hub in the hall connected to master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

The router is on a wall bracket about 3 inches from the floor. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings