cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Horrendous customer service

Go to solution

Booked an engineer for landline installation. Never attended. Been on the phone for hours. No answer. No email to reschedule. Order says landline now installed! Complete nonsense. Waited in for six hours no-one ever came. Can anyone advise how I actually contact a person? Online chat/message also did not forward the massage to a team after 39 minutes then dropped out. Just horrific. Any advice welcome. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Horrendous customer service

Go to solution

@TheBronster 

Welcome to this user forum.

Is there an Openreach wall socket already fitted in the property? If there is, then if there is a record of a routing into the property, then Openreach would only work externally to connect it to the exchange, and not visit unless there is a problem.

If there is a socket fitted, then plug a phone into it, and see if you get dial tone.

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Well unbelievably BT have just completely failed to turn up for a second scheduled open reach appointment to fit a new phone line. So that is now 10 hours of fully paid employment wasted waiting for engineers who don't show. Can anyone suggest what ombudsman I report this to to seek compensation? What an appalling way to run a business. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

There is no line or socket to this property. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

If you are referring to the response above, I simply answered the query that Keith posed. I appreciated his response but it's just a factual question. Also if I've been through the whole process of booking an engineer with BT it's probably pretty clear I don't have an existing phone line or socket. But thanks for the response anyway. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@TheBronster wrote:

Well unbelievably BT have just completely failed to turn up for a second scheduled open reach appointment to fit a new phone line. So that is now 10 hours of fully paid employment wasted waiting for engineers who don't show. Can anyone suggest what ombudsman I report this to to seek compensation? What an appalling way to run a business. 

You should be entitled to automatic compensation as outlined in this link

Automatic Compensation | BT Help

You will not be able to claim compensation for loss of earning without raising a formal complaint.

You can not complain to the Telecoms Ombudsman until you have gone through the BT complaints process and if not dealt with to your satisfaction, obtained a deadlock letter.

Ombudsman Services: Here to Help You Resolve Your Complaint | Ombudsman Services (ombudsman-services...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Very many thanks for that helpful advice. I will follow up. I am just astonished though at how they can send me an email yesterday evening saying they are coming tomorrow then just be a complete no show for five hours. 

Bron. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @TheBronster and welcome to our community.

I'm really sorry there's been problems getting you connected. I'm sure we can sort this out for you. I'll need a few details so please check your inbox and drop me a reply.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you David I really appreciate that. I will send the details over. Many thanks, Bron