cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

How to block India

Go to solution

Hiya, I have tried blocking all international numbers from within my account but calls from India still keep coming through. Any ideas? I'd rather not block all International calls but only those with a +99 country code. Cheers.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: How to block India

Go to solution

They are not coming from where they appear to be coming from, they are spoofed by the scammers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Only way I found to truly block India landlines and mobiles was with the CPR call blocker. It's fantastic.

Many of these 'Indian' calls actually have come from Glasgow and Birmingham so I've blocked them too. If I'm expecting a call from one of those places it's easily let through.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for that. I'll look into CPR.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Yes, the only way to block calls is by whitelisting wanted calls rather than blacklisting unwanted calls. A white list is finite, a blacklist is infinite.

Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Great point. Obviously missing out on important calls is the risk with that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

No, not really. With a call blocker phone, numbers in your whitelist get straight through. Numbers that are not in your whitelist are interrogated and are put through if you allow it. Scammers will invariably not respond.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@Mr_Wonderstuff wrote:

Great point. Obviously missing out on important calls is the risk with that.

I use the BT4600. Callers whose number is not in the phone, just have to announce themselves first. You are then given the choice to take the call or reject it. You can opt to add the number to the phone, so next time they call, the get straight through. Its 100% effective.

Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

The CPR unit I have is for blacklisting it's model 202 I think it's been superceded with the CPR V5000. They do a whitelist version but that's not going to be of use to many people really.

I think there's quite a few BT telephones that do all sorts of call blocking but the CPR unit has been totally amazing for me. It works with FTTP/DV too ie it can be plugged into the Smart Hub 2. 

I had one spammer calling from 02036751621 (Indian voiced 'Amazon' scammer) so I can adjust that to 02036* obviously adding or removing digits to make it more/less strict.

It blocks everything. Never needed to block withheld because scammers don't want to hide behind that as they want you to answer. Only calls I've had in 5 years withheld I think was from my local council library and an expected call from the police.

Blocked callers get a dead tone which I like.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
I missed a call from the hospital clinic after I damaged my hand , because i blocked withheld on my phone.
0 Ratings