cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How to enable BT Call Protect

I've been receiving an extra amount of scam and nuisance calls to the landline recently and I've been looking around at my BT account in relation to other matters so thought I would take a look at enabling this.

I am aware that BT Call Protect is free to BT Customers but I'm having an issue trying to get to the page that allows me to add it to my package.

I have navigated to where I can manage my landline phone and under "Your landline features" I can see "BT Call Protect" and a button to "Add Now".

I click the button and it takes me to the "progress your order" page where it says it could take up to 24 hours, to choose my account and to add my email/phone to be contacted if I do not complete the order.

Next page I get presented with a selection of features to add/remove, with none of them being BT Call Protect.
I don't want to make any changes to these settings so I check it's all fine and click next to continue and hopefully get the option to activate BT Call Protect only to get an error saying "Please either add or remove calling features to proceed - items that are selected are already active on the account".

I do not have BT Call Protect and I can't seem to get to a page where I can select it. The page that won't let me leave unless I make changes does not have BT Call Protect as an option and I don't want to enable a feature I have to pay for just to see if the next page will let me add it.

The only options on this page is:
Voice mail for £3.69

BT Privacy at Home (TPS without caller display)
OR
Caller Display (without TPS) - already active on my account
OR
Remove (since I don't seem to be allowed to have both of these perks at the same time for some reason).

Create a Calling Features Pack for a price - none of these have BT Call Protect.

Other Calling Features (each has a price if I want to add them except for blocking internationl/premium outbound calls) - None of these have BT Call Protect.

--
Does anybody know how I can go about adding the free BT Call Protect feature?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to enable BT Call Protect

Thought I would add "Anonymous Call Reject" because, in my opinion, the caller generally has something to hide.

OK, logged into MyBT and set about adding this and, lo and behold, I ended up in the exact situation as described by the OP, @Kodak , for having selected the "ACR", I got to the summary page, the system lists lots of other options which are unwanted, so hit the continue button to be met with:

Please either add or remove calling features to proceed - items that are selected are already active on the account.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I would call 150 and ask an agent to add this for you.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I've not had a chance to look back at this just yet, but I'm taking the chance to check for any updates on the forums regarding things that I've raised.

Is there really no way to enable the advertised free BT Call Protect without purchasing something?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Kodak ,

Have you tried the suggestions in message 3 & 4.  Are you a BT retail customer ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Suggestion in message 4 loops me right back to where I was when I was trying previously.

Not yet called the 150 number in message 3 as the times I would be able to sit and look at this is late in the evening. Talking to an agent directly and seeing if they can apply just that feature would likely be the most successful, agreed.
I'll give that a shot asap, hopefully Monday. I'll jump back here and update after I've given that a try.

I am a BT retail customer, yes.

0 Ratings