cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

How to get a Digital Voice adapter

Can someone please advise how I get my promised free Digital Voice adapter? BT have recently told me my service will be migrating shortly and have already sent me the new Smart Hub 2. When I go online to order the DV adapter I'm told my number is not eligible. I've tried ringing customer services but after 30 minutes of it ringing it cut out and there doesn't appear to be any chat function available so no way to actually contact BT about it. What should I do now?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: How to get a Digital Voice adapter

Hi @js2215 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Have you activated the Digital voice service by connecting your new hub? You can apply for the adapter on this link

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Yes, all set up. The link you've provided is where I'm told my number isn't eligible.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @js2215 Thanks for confirming that, I wonder if the digital voice switch over has happened. Have you connected a phone to the green telephone socket on the back of your Hub and made and received calls yet? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

If you go to hub manager can you see your phone number?  If so is it blue or greyed out? If latter your DV is not active yet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 9

I used the TEXT service albeit for a handset. The weblink said I was not eligible but the text worked a treat. Like you I am not yet active.
Message 7 of 9

That's worth a try, thanks @Tom20001.  

@js2215 you can also TEXT the word ADAPTER to 61998 to order the equipment and the team will respond to you in a couple of days. Let me know if that works?

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hello Moderator - perhaps you don't understand the issue here.  You say in order to get the new free phone your new digital service needs to be working - however MOST people need a new phone to plug into the new smart2 hub BEFORE the service is switched over - its not possible to use the old phone in the new hub and so a new phone needs to be delivered WITH the hub BEFORE the service is switched - otherwise (like myself) at the point of switchover the customer has no phone line and no means of talking to anyone - my Father suffered this for weeks before an engineer finlaly came out with a new phone.  Please change the system to enable the free phone to be send out as soon as a hub has been sent.  I will also attempt the text service as I have tried on several occasions to use the internet service to be told my number is not elligible for the new phone or adaptor.

Message 9 of 9

You can simply plug your existing phone into the green socket at the rear of the hub until the DV phone arrives. It may be covered by a sticker that is simply removed to reveal the socket. No break in service.