Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How to retain my BT landline phone number after changing to another provider

Go to solution

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to retain my BT landline phone number after changing to another provider

Go to solution

@mikepeel 

That is up to your new provider to see if they can import a BT Retail Phone number, its not always the case, and you may lose your number.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: How to retain my BT landline phone number after changing to another provider

Go to solution

If you have already moved provider and they have given you another number, then it’s probable that you won’t be able to get the number back, short of rejoining the company that the number was originally issued by ( presumably BT ) , if the number was important to you , porting it should have been arranged at the time of the move , not afterwards, if the new company said they would arrange it but didn’t, your complaint is with them.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks - I moved from BT to Plusnet as I was scammed and didn't get much help from BT. I can't find where Plusnet have set up another phone number to replace it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@mikepeel 

Try asking on the Plusnet forum  https://community.plus.net/t5/Forum/ct-p/Forum

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

just dial 17070 and your current number will be repeated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

What was the scam ?, are you saying you were scammed while with BT that’s why to you moved provider or was the migration itself the scam ,  in other words you never asked Plusnet to takeover service ?

How did you become aware that your service was migrated to Plusnet if you didn’t instigate it yourself ?,  did you receive a ‘sorry to see you go’ communication from BT , that provides the opportunity to stop the transfer happening ( if it was against your will ) , not responding to that communication is the confirmation that you are aware and started the migration process .

Once the transfer has taken place it’s not just a few entry's on a keyboard to get you back to the original provider , ( if that’s your intention ) , if you are prepared to stay with Plusnet , but just want the phone number  you had when you were with BT , that’s probably not going to be possible now, it should have been done as part of the migration 

0 Ratings