cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

I cannot port my landline number because it has been registered to the wrong address

I cannot port my BT landline number because it is registered to a different address (about 5 doors down the road). I have lived at this address and used the line for more than 20 years. How do I get this fixed?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: I cannot port my landline number because it has been registered to the wrong address

You have to ask the current provider to raise an ORDI (Openreach Data Integrity), if you're with BT then it's for BT to correct, ring 0800 800 150, speak with the connections team, they'll raise the request, it takes around a week to update.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: I cannot port my landline number because it has been registered to the wrong address

Yes - my current landline service provider is unfortunately BT. 

If only it was that easy!!! I have waited for about 2 hours on and off in a queue for this BT 158 'Help Line' number to answer.

Finally got through but was cut off but not before they said they will send round an engineer in 'about a weeks time'.

How can BT so blatantly lie when they say they have the best customer support system? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

are you a BT Retail broadband and phone customer?  if so is your address and phone number correct in MYBT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I have had BT broadband, BT landline and BT mobile for very many years and although I knew I was paying much more for these services than others who were not with BT I believed the BT claim for better customer service was probably worth it.

However this is clearly not true any longer.  I found that BT would not transfer my landline number to another supplier  and yet told me there was no reason for this. Finally, a very helpful guru in the EE shop  discovered that my phone number had been registered to an address about 5 doors away down the road for the last 20 years! It is now proving VERY difficult to get anything done about this as Openreach will only talk to BT and BT will not talk to me. 

0 Ratings