cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

I need to extend the connector end of the power cord of BT Essential Digital phone. Can i do this?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: I need to extend the connector end of the power cord of BT Essential Digital phone. Can i do thi

As long as it's a regular DC jack then yes,  Google "DC power extension". But you'll need to know both the internal & external diameters of the barrel.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: I need to extend the connector end of the power cord of BT Essential Digital phone. Can i do thi

Hi @Daiveyp and welcome to our community.

@rbz5416 advice is good. The only thing I would add would be to go for a good quality cable. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks I will let you know.

Cheers

Daiveyp

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hello

I have just received my BT essential digital phones The one I will need upstairs is model no X42-F81. Now the question is what DC extender do I need for this phone . I have looked on Amazon and there are son many it is so confusing, the right hand connector seems so small,

Thanks

Daiveyp

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Unfortunately that info is very rarely published. The two more common IEC "small" sizes are 3.4mm & 3.8mm outer barrels. But as you can see here, there are a plethora of variations. If you have no means of measuring you may have to buy one of each & return the "wrong" one, assuming it's not one of the esoteric variations. Or maybe start a new thread asking for someone with a micrometer to measure one for you.

Message 7 of 9

If convenient and you can't find the right lead an extension mains lead and plugging the power unit  into it may do.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hello rbz5416

Thanks for your reply. I did not know there were so many variations.

I tried to measure the inner diameter and it looks like it is just over 2mm.

Thanks again

Daiveyp

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hello  Bob1001

Thanks for your reply.

I did not know there were so many variations of DC extenders. So maybe I will have to get a mains extension lead.

Thanks again.

Daiveyp

0 Ratings