cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 41

Re: I want my analogue phone line back - urgently

You can pursue it where you like, but as it is government policy to fully fibre the country I doubt you will get the response you are hoping for.

Perhaps if you had started off with a less aggressive stance rather than unrealistically demanding your  analogue phone  line back, you might have had a more receptive response to your concerns.

Message 22 of 41

I like everyone else on the forum are not BT employees but customers just like you.  The only BT employees are the forum mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 23 of 41

@MarmadukeTheEighth wrote:

Apart from a couple of posts all I've received is abuse and mockery, some 'community'...   More redolent of BT's attitude in fact.  How many respondents are in fact BT employees I wonder? None. They are all BT customers just like you. 

Whether the comedians and self-appointed Yodas here like or not, this is a real and worrying issue with many people.  How many people are there?  Can you post a link to the information that you have to back up this assertion  so that those who doubt it can be persuaded to see your point.  I will pursue this elsewhere, hopefully in a more appropriate place where some generous spirits are prepared to suggest practical help instead of showering me with ageist derision. Please post back when you get the answer that you want so that it may help others who have the same concerns as you.

Message 24 of 41

@MarmadukeTheEighth  I assume you also complained to The Post office Telephones many years ago when they  "turned off" the manual Telephone Exchanges, fitted a dial to your phone forcing you to dial your own numbers?

I am afraid it is technology, it happens a lot. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 25 of 41

While that was a consultation report, it changes nothing. It is covered by section 105A(4) of the Communications Act 2003, and in Ofcom guidance of the conditions that all providers must comply to provide service.

Message 26 of 41

I have the same issues about loss of power and mobile signal at the same time -it always happens in our power cuts.  BT kindly provided me with the CyberPower BR1000ELCD as a backup. However, it only claims to provide backup for up to 60 minutes.  In our worst cut (Storm Arwen) we were off for 4 days and many neighbours for a lot longer.  Our only way to seek help is to drive to where we can get a signal - not easy with fallen trees and snow.  Nor any way for the electricity people to find out if we need support.  Doesn't sound like an advance to me.

Message 27 of 41

There is on my package.
Message 28 of 41

Looks like the error lies with OFGEM - the minimum one hour of phone contact they require is of little use to me when my last power cut started at 4am (surprisingly, I didn't find out until I woke up).  Nor would it help much during major storms such as Arwen - 4 days for me, many more for others.  Seems Vodafone is also affected by powercuts so no help there.  Isn't anyone but Elon Musk taking resilience seriously?

Message 29 of 41

Is one hour of backup suffcient?

Message 30 of 41

@rural-dweller wrote:

Is one hour of backup suffcient?

Yes if your power cut lasts for less than an hour, no if it lasts more than an hour!