cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Importing Contacts to Advanced Digital Home phone with Alexa

Is it possible to import contacts from BT Advance Quad Phone 090641 to the new Advanced Digital Home phone with Alexa (Type A). This does not appear to be possible is there a solution or fix can anyone just say Yes or No. 

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Importing Contacts to Advanced Digital Home phone with Alexa

Can you export the contacts from your existing BT ADVANCED phone to a vcf file. If so you then just import the vcf file into the new DV phone by going to contacts in hub manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Thanks for your communication. I bought the quad system a month ago so a rather new model (I would have thought) but as far as I can see I cannot manually export these contacts to the the hub from this/these phones. I have access the the BT Smart Hub2 manager and only succeeded, so far, in importing VCF data from an IPhone.  Though this is not really what I want.  I would much prefer the data that is currently on the BT quad phones.  Why is it that these recent models do not communicate with each other.  What is more, where is the data stored that is on the Quad system? Why hasn't this been updated with the IPhone data too - surely BT can do better than this? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

So you have managed to import the contact from IPhone to the DV phones. There is No sharing of data between the DV phones and your quad system which presumably is connected to the socket on back of SH2 

The quad system may be advanced in some features but importing/ exploring contacts unfortunately does not appear to be one of them

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

I tried this with my SH2 and DV Advanced handset.  The .vcf import function is OK if you just want to import all your contacts, but importing an additional .vcf contact files overwrites the file you've already imported to the hub, and the contacts get overwritten on the handset - plus any contacts you've added manually on the handset also get overwritten.

Providing capacity to store 500 contacts but no effective way of managing them is disappointing.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Just need to sort out your contacts into what you want on DV phone before creating the vcf file  make sure you save the vcf file as from previous experience a factory reset lost al my contacts.  Now I have Alexa phone linked to my mobile I can use my mobile contacts and don't need contacts in my DV phones

Message 7 of 20

Hi folks,

I'm new to this, so please be patient with me.

We're about to be switched over to BT's DV and we've received 2 handsets. I've been worrying about the management of contacts but am pleasantly surprised by what I read in this thread and in one of the user guides for the handsets. There some things I need to ask, though.

By way of background, we have a set of old Gigaset SL78H handsets. Their buttons are no longer reliable so we've been looking forward to switching to some new handsets. The SL78H has a micro-USB socket on the back and I've been syncing our contacts from our Mac to the handsets via Gigaset's (rather flaky) QuickSync software.

From what the user guide and this thread say, I think that I can:

1  Export some or all contacts from our Mac's Contacts app, selecting the "Export vCard" option.

2  Somehow get the BT Hub to access the resulting file.

3  Import the Contacts into the Hub, for use by all the BT handsets.

Is that correct? Any hints re steps 2 and 3?

Now it seems to me, from reading this thread, that it would be best to delete all the contacts from the Hub before importing the fresh set of contacts, in order to avoid problems. Is that correct?

Anything else I should know about this business?

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Importing the vcf file to the DV phones will automatically overwrite any existing contacts

Message 9 of 20

Two more questions ...

1. Do all phone numbers being imported via the .vcf file have to start with "+", followed by a country code?

2. Does the import process understand phone number descriptors such as "home", "work" and "cell"?

Note: I peaked inside a vCard exported from our Mac's Contacts and saw:

TEL;type=CELL;type=VOICE:

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

It seems BT have decided not to support the + dialling format. There is no way to enter it from the keypad & when importing from a VCF, it is apparently simply stripped out, rendering the number invalid.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/All-Digital-Voice-contacts-have-disappeared...