Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clio
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Intermittent single ring on phone and caller ID stopped working

Go to solution

Two problems started around same time, caller ID stopped coming, display now says 'incoming call', and about once or twice a day the phone will ring once (display shows 'incoming call' but there is no call.   I've checked *#234# as advised in a precious post and it confirms that caller id will be displayed so it is set up (it also shows in my bt online account that caller display is ticked).   Any suggestions what it could be are they 2 separate problems or are they connected?  Any help be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Intermittent single ring on phone and caller ID stopped working

Go to solution

If the phone only rings once on an incoming call this problem is known as ring trip. Have you tried calling your home number with only a corded phone plugged into the test socket of your main phone socket? 

This could either be an issue in your premises orbit could be in the outside cable network 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Clio
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Dave

I called my home phone with cordless phone attached, phone rings and it comes up with 'incoming call' in display, then plugged in an old corded phone and again it worked no problem, so not sure what that means as both phones are working when I phone them.   Do I leave the corded phone plugged in to see if it also suffers from the intermittent single ring problem?

Since these problems started, I've been able to receive and make calls, its just that there is this intermittent single ring a few times a day and the issue with the caller display only showing incoming call.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Clio
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi again Dave,

I plugged in old corded phone for couple of days and no single rings, plugged cordless phone back and hey presto no single rings and caller ID is working.   Not sure if this is coincidence or whether the plugging and unplugging reset the system but fingers crossed this is a long term fix.  Thanks

0 Ratings