cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

International Landline to Landline Calls to Australia

Go to solution

Due to nuisance calls etc. I have changed my Aunt's landline ID so that it no longer shows up whenever she is calling anyone. However an unexpected consequence of this change is that she is no longer able to ring up her sister in Australia.

Prior to the change my Aunt had no issue dialing any number in Australia whether it's landline or to mobiles. Now all she gets is a constant engaged tone. Her sister can ring her back from Australia with no issue.

Someone elsewhere mentioned that Australia blocks all withheld ID numbers. Is this true ? If so is there a way to temporarily disengage and show her landline ID ....like you can do on mobiles ? If not is there another way around this blockage or does it mean she will never be able to call her sister ?

Finally does this apply to any other Country such as USA, Canada or New Zealand ?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: International Landline to Landline Calls to Australia

Go to solution

Precede the called number with 1470 to temporarily remove withheld caller id

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

No idea on international blocking but IIRC, dialling 1470 before the number should override the setting & show her number. So try making the call with that prefix. If it works then the contact can be edited to add the prefix, save manually dialling it each time.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for your suggestion and it worked. She can now call her sister at any time.

0 Ratings