cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Is there anyway to advance a reported problem with a phone line?

Go to solution

Hi

I don't know if there is anyway for this to be sorted quickly but it is an emergency.

My mum has lost connection on her phone line. She's 83 and not in great health. Her sister (my auntie) is seriously ill. I've reported the fault and have been given a resolve date of 11/10/21. My mum really needs her phone connected back as soon as possible. I can't find a way of getting to someone to speak to. I've phoned 150 and all I can get through to is a "press this press that" service. I reported the fault through there. I got a text back to say it will be sorted by 11/10. It is urgent that she has her phone working asap. I have a report number if that can help.

Is there an emergency number at BT I can phone? I would appreciate it if someone can give me a number.

Thanks

Robert

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Is there anyway to advance a reported problem with a phone line?

Go to solution

maybe register here   https://www.bt.com/help/landline/getting-set-up/help-people-with-impairments-or-with-particular-need...

I have asked a mod to see if anything they can do to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks imjolly, I appreciate it.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Robbie1964, sorry that your mum has a fault with her telephone service and due to the circumstances I can understand your concern. The fix date you have been given is most likely the standard time taken for a fault. I've sent you a Private Message and we'll be happy to look at what is happening with the fault and update you.

cheers

John

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Get back to your CP (I assume BT) they can raise it with Openreach as an emergency Welfare case. Should be attended to within 24hrs.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Robbie1964, the fault has now been fixed, and I've spoken with your mum. She is obviously relieved that the phone is now back in working and she can keep in touch with her sister,

cheers

John

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for all your help John, it is most appreciated. It seems that there were a few houses affected in that part of Washington. The rain the other day was torrential and I'm wondering if one of the green cabinets was flooded and something tripped the connections to the houses? Whatever the cause was it now seems to have been fixed.

I can report that someone living a few doors away from my mum also lost their phone service and that is now working too.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

More likely an underground cable joint that was no longer watertight got water ingress.