cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Is there anyway to port a number while keeping broadband with BT (FTTC)

From my understanding porting a number from BT to voip will cease the whole thing. Why is there not a service in place by BT in which you can transfer a phone line/number but keep broadband active?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is there anyway to port a number while keeping broadband with BT (FTTC)

@gameinn1 

I agree with you as this becoming more and more obvious from forum posts that BT need to start a facility which allows you to port phone number without terminating broadband.  However currently that facility does not exist and porting number will end broadband contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I thought so, was just making sure. Thanks jolly.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If the Ofcom requirement to keep a phone number available for 30 days after it’s ‘ceased’ then you should be able to simply request a renumber of your existing service to a random number ( this shouldn’t affect broadband and is chargable ) and then ask the VoIP provider of your choice to retrieve the number during the 30 days the number is still available, if you are requesting that the bundle of services ( line/broadband ) should be reduced to broadband only when a VoIP provider requests the phone number to be ported to themselves, that may be problematic, FWIW , there was a poster on another forum that managed to raise via an ISP that offers a VoIP phone service a renumber and port order that didn’t cease the broadband, it continued to work associated with a different DN ( directory number) then original DN successfully posted to VoIP, but there was only the one  ISP involved