cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4

Keep home phone number

Hi, I moved providers (Not BT) 6 weeks ago; I had an old BT Number I have has for 30 years. Despite promises and a number of phone calls  that I would keep my home number; today I have been told it has reverted back to BT.

Is there any way I can get my old home number back from BT, even if I have to pay? Please

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Keep home phone number

@Anonymous 

Welcome to this user forum.

The only way to get your number back, would be to return your phone service to BT Retail, provided you are living at the same address.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, its just so frustrating after all the promises, when I now realise after reading all the threads on this it was never going to happen.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you, its just so frustrating after all the promises, when I now realise after reading all the threads on this it was never going to happen.

Its usually a problem if people move to Virgin Media, as their network is totally different. There should not be an issue porting a BT Retail number to other providers, provided its the first porting, and has not been ported to another provider meanwhile.

Some providers do not follow the correct process.

You may be within your rights to cancel, if you were promised in writing, that you could keep your BT Retail phone  number.

0 Ratings