cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

LOST LANDLINE - NEED HELP TO RETRIEVE PLEASE

Hi there, I know this is an absolute long shot and something you or the people who run this site will be able to help or advise with but I am desperate! I have recently moved from my parents address and have moved the telephone and TV package which has been temporarily closed until it is reinstalled at the new address. The problem now is that the original landline number seems to have been 'lost' in the transition but this is my Mum's original telephone number which she has had for years and I am desperately trying to find a way of retrieving the number for her so she can continue to use it at her address. I have spoken to both SKY and BT who are totally unable to help and have been advised to contact 'Openreach' which is proving impossible to do, there doesn't even seem to be an email address for them, the live chat I have also tried just seems to have an automated answer for everything 😒 If anyone can help it really would be appreciated. Many thanks, Lou

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: LOST LANDLINE - NEED HELP TO RETRIEVE PLEASE

@Shelllou 

Welcome to this user forum.

Who provides your Mum`s phone service?

Who originally issued her phone number?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

who provides the landline to your mother SKY?  unless your mother is a BT Retail customer there is nothing this forum can do to help with number

The confusion would appear to have happened when you moved the broadband and phone package to your new address on moving out

There is no link from this forum to openreach anymore than there is from the SKY forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

Hi there thanks for your reply.

I am getting so confused, I'm assuming it would have been with BT and like many others over the years it has been changed over to various other providers with no problems. It was with SKY last (TALK TALK prior to that) Have spoken to both SKY and BT who have advised the number will now be with OPENREACH ...do you think this is the case, I just cannot seem to get through to anyone 🙃 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

BT Retail and openreach are totally separate companies.  openreach do not have the phone number as it will be returned to the originating ISP who issued number at very start

so does your mother have a landline just now?  if so from which provider?

how were you moving your package to your new address? with which ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Ceased numbers return to the company who first issued the number. Each provider has their own number ranges.

What are the first seven digits of the phone number she is trying to get back?

Please do not post the full phone number on this forum, just the first seven digits.

0 Ratings