cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

LOST LANDLINE NUMBER - DESPERATELY NEED HELP RETRIEVING IT.

The land phone number (like so many other threads on here) is a number that has belonged to this house for the last 50 years or more and I'm desperate to get it back. 

What Happened? 

In short, when we closed down our Virgin Media account and attempted to port over the land phone number, we soon to our horror discovered that only live numbers could be ported. i.e. the port requests all failed, and Virgin was unable to assist also.

@Keith_Beddoe matey I read your post on you helping a lady just a few days ago - you'd be forever in my prayers if you could assist me a similar way?

S

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: LOST LANDLINE NUMBER - DESPERATELY NEED HELP RETRIEVING IT.

was the number originally issued to you by BT?  are you still at the same address?

which ISP are you moving to?

only way you may be able to get number back is by taking out a phone contract with BT Retail and get temp number and after set up and working then request the old number provided belongs to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

@sydney1562 

As @imjolly  has said,  provided the number was originally issued to you by BT Retail, at your current address, or an address which is still connected to the same BT Exchange building, then you should be able to get it back by moving your phone service to BT Retail. You would be given a new number, and would then have to request your old number back.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I was in an identical situation a few months ago and BT were able eventually to restore my number, though I had to persist over about a month before it actually happened.  Don't waste time calling Virgin, it's an old BT owned number and only they can fix this.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the immediate reply & really appreciate everybodies comments assisting here. I've done as you've all suggested and created an account with BT just for landline £21p.m , engineer coming next week. The salesperson said they'd try their best to get the number back, but couldn't guarantee it, which is fairplay really from their side, but my anxiety of losing this number continues lol! thanks again for all the comments, I'll keep you posted, and fingers crossed I'll get that bleeding phone number back!! Cheers
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@sydney1562 wrote:
Thanks for the immediate reply & really appreciate everybodies comments assisting here. I've done as you've all suggested and created an account with BT just for landline £21p.m , engineer coming next week. The salesperson said they'd try their best to get the number back, but couldn't guarantee it, which is fairplay really from their side, but my anxiety of losing this number continues lol! thanks again for all the comments, I'll keep you posted, and fingers crossed I'll get that bleeding phone number back!! Cheers

Please update this thread, as if sales cannot get the number back, owing to the lack of any process to do it, then its possible one of the moderators here, can submit a manual request.

Either way, you would be issued with a new number to enable your line to be provided.

0 Ratings