cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Land Line Fault - Expected Response Time?

Go to solution

I reported a fault on my landline last Thursday which was just prior to the adverse weather.  I was then sent an email to say that the fault was logged and given an estimate for the fix which was the very next day.

Move forward to today - 6 days after reporting it, still has not been fixed.  I would say fair enough since a lot of additional work has no doubt resulted from the recent storms, however I have received no update from BT which I am disappointed by.   Also - seems that there is no method by which I can communicate myself to find out what is going on.

When I go to my account to the 'Track Faults'  section it is still showing as 'Fault in progress' and states 'We aim to fix this by the end of 'Friday 18th February' but  I can't add a query to this.  I tried ringing the provided 0800 number but give up after being on hold for 25 minutes.  I tried logging a new fault, but system does not allow this as it is aware that there is already a fault open.

So how exactly do I find out when this is going to be fixed??? 

By the way - the issue is that the phone rings for an incoming call (though I get a series of chirps rather than a proper ring), but when I pick it up there is just white noise.  It also says 'no number' when you try to see who the caller is.  About 1 in every 10 calls actually does come through, but line is too bad to hold a conversation.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Land Line Fault - Expected Response Time?

Go to solution

???

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Fady and welcome back.

Great to see you again, it's been a while. Sorry you're having trouble getting any information on the fault. I can help. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM 

Issue has now been attended to but thanks for your offer.  I did actually resort to opening up a complaint  - though I can't know whether this had any bearing on the subsequent swift response!  

0 Ratings