cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Land line number

Had exactly the same issue - was told I could keep my existing number, then it was lost, then it couldn't be assigned to Digital Voice "for technical reasons", in the end I just went with another VOIP provider and don't use their Digital Voice service at all. If it's any consolation there are a few posts on other forums which indicate a formal complaint to OFCOM has magically resolved "the issues" BT seem to have porting their own numbers.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

@SRB wrote:

Had exactly the same issue - was told I could keep my existing number, then it was lost, then it couldn't be assigned to Digital Voice "for technical reasons", in the end I just went with another VOIP provider and don't use their Digital Voice service at all. If it's any consolation there are a few posts on other forums which indicate a formal complaint to OFCOM has magically resolved "the issues" BT seem to have porting their own numbers.

I suspect that its simply no "button" they can press that does it automatically, it requires somebody to build the routing manually, skills that are probably in short supply.

The migration of existing customers, probably does have a "button" Also routing would already exist on the OMC (Operational and Maintenance Centre) database which controls all the exchange hardware.

Message 13 of 24

Again thanks for your replies..

Today I had a new number foisted on me by BT despite being absolutely clear that it was unacceptable. I am in despair with this nightmare of a company. Is there anyone who knows how to deal with them.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

@VOLVO940 wrote:

Again thanks for your replies..

Today I had a new number foisted on me by BT despite being absolutely clear that it was unacceptable. I am in despair with this nightmare of a company. Is there anyone who knows how to deal with them.

Did you reply to the private message sent by @NeilO 

A new number has to be initially issued, to allow the service to be provided.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Does this mean that this is the start of a process that will result in my old number being reinstated?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

@VOLVO940 wrote:

Does this mean that this is the start of a process that will result in my old number being reinstated?

You must have a number to start with, as part of your service provision. BT cannot allocate a "stopped" line at this point.

Did you contact @NeilO  as he is a BT employee? We are all just customers.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

I did reply to NeilO with the information requested. Don’t know if he received it.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

@VOLVO940 wrote:

I did reply to NeilO with the information requested. Don’t know if he received it.

You should have receive an email acknowledgement with a reference number.

It normally takes about 48 hours for one of the team to contact you, depending on how busy they are.

Message 19 of 24

if you have replied to mod then they will get back to you but can take a few days depending on the queue of others in front of you  waiting for mod assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Hi @VOLVO940,

@NeilO is off today. We have received your message into our queue. One of my team will be in touch within 1-2 working days to help you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings