cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Landline down.

My landline has not been working since at least Sunday 7th. Feb. This also happened the weekend before, it was repaired then by Thursday 4th. before going down again. I have been tracking the repair and was last night told it would be Monday 15th, Feb. before repair was completed! Why is this taking so long to rectify? It is just not acceptable from a concern the size if BT.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Landline down.

Hi @Tartan4 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that your landline has developed a fault and that this has happened a few times over the last few weeks.  I can completely understand your frustration with this happening on a few occasions.

Give my colleagues in the repair team a shout on 0800 800 151.  They'll be able to give you more info.  When did you report the recent fault explaining that the issue has happened again?  There is a 48 working hour window from when it's raised until it should be fixed.  If the recent fault you reported has went on longer than that my colleagues in the repair team should be able to shed some light on why the repair is taking a little longer.

Post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Robbie

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried on more than one occasion to get through to the number you quoted  without success. The waiting time is too long for me to hold on i.e 25/30 minutes.

I reported this latest fault (same fault as the week before) on Monday morning the 8th. of February. On tracking this it said the repair would be complete by the end of Monday. This did not happen. On Tuesday and Wednesday I followed the same route only to be told the same thing. I did an online chat yesterday, Wednesday and was informed that the repair should be completed by Monday 15th. Feb?? 

Earlier today I spoke to an engineer from Open Reach who was in his van at the bottom of the road. He said " we need to get traffic management to carry on with this fault" So no further forward as to why this has been going on for more than 10 days.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Tartan4 

Thanks for the update.

I agree with what you're saying, 25/30 minutes is a long time to be waiting for your call to be answered.  It looks like it's the application for traffic management that's causing an extended delay with the repair. 

Hopefully all goes according to plan and the fault is fixed on Monday.  If you're still having issues after that time post back and we'll pick up from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you. Will do.
0 Ratings