cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Landline issues

Go to solution

I moved house last week and changed to BT for the new property. My broadband was activated on Thursday and is working well. I chose to transfer my landline number when I moved. I have plugged my phone in and have a dial tone. If I ring my mobile from the landline, it rings and my number appears in my mobile so I know my number has transferred. However, I cant recieve calls from mobiles on my landline. If my parents ring me from their landline it works, my phone rings and there number appears on the screen. But if we try from a mobile nothing happens, have tried from a variety of mobile providers and they all dont come through.

Summary landline is connected, number has transferred can call mobiles and landlines, can receive landline calls, cannot recieve calls from mobile phones...... any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Landline issues

Go to solution

Hi @njlewis19 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry mobiles can't call you after transferring over to BT. Going by past experience that does sound like an issue with the number port.

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to raise a case with Openreach to get that sorted.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @njlewis19, thanks for getting back to me to confirm that now your order has been completed and you are receiving your incoming calls ok.

cheers

John

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I can recieve landline calls but not from a mobile 

0 Ratings