cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Landline not ringing after FFTP installed question.

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe . I’ll check my next bill for that charge. If it’s present then that’s a bit underhand of BT and I’ll ask for it to be removed. Having thought long and hard I can’t think of any compelling reasons to retain the number or a landline in general.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

If you can’t dial out, including that of a freephone number or receive calls then I’m 99.9% sure your old Copper Line has been put into a ‘Stopped’ Status.

It won’t stay Stopped for every long as I can virtually guarantee someone will take the Stop to provide service to someone else.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

@Starwire , are you saying my number will be allocated to someone else? But that number is how I identify myself to BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

@RayP wrote:

@Starwire , are you saying my number will be allocated to someone else? But that number is how I identify myself to BT. 

No, that will not happen. The line will just be stopped, then finally disconnected. A stopped line cannot make or receive calls. The copper routing may be allocated to another customer, from any provider. Some providers have their own exchange equipment

Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe , that sounds logical. I can’t imagine there’s any demand for new phone numbers given the switch to mobiles. One-way traffic. It was my plan to drop the landline anyway so I think your post concludes things nicely.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution
Spoiler

I don’t mean they’ll allocate that number to someone.

I mean someone will take the physical cable pair, be it the E Side, D Side or both to get someone else into service.

Have you dialled 17070 from your line, I bet it’s not even your old number anymore, it’ll be an ‘Engineering’ Number.

Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

@Starwire , yes, the last four digits were definitely not my number. I didn’t select any options after that.

0 Ratings