cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Landline phone changed from double ring to single ring

My Landline phone handsets have changed from a double ring to single ring (BT6250)

The base still rings double but the handsets ring once every five seconds or so which is very annoying as you wonder if the phone is actually ringing.

This happened about a month ago and I'm wondering if it's the same problem talk talk customers are complaining about?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Landline phone changed from double ring to single ring

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply. I've already gone through the ringtone settings in my copy of the manual but its still the same. We've always had the setting "Melody 2"

The Talktalk problem here talks about the same problem and it seems that it is possibility an Openreach fault  due to a change in the Microsoft software that was scheduled to be fixed by April 23 but now is dated May 7

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@meadfoot 

Are you a BT Retail customer or a Talk Talk one?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

BT Retail customer 

I found the reference to TT when searching the web for my phones problem

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Talk Talk have their own exchange equipment which is different to BT Retail, so its not likely the issue is the same if your landline comes in on a copper pair.

If you have BT Digital Voice, which is a VOIP service, then that may be affected by IP network signalling issues.

Its  more likely to be an issue with the base unit to phone communications. Try removing the power from the base unit for a couple of minutes, as that should restart the DECT link.

0 Ratings