cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Landline voicemail tripping in before any ringing. How can I stop this happening?

My sister-in-law changed her landline contract to Halo 1. It previously included voicemail.  Apparently BT removed voicemail with no reason and then put it back on after complaining. Voicemail now answers call immediately without ringing. So my sister-in-law does not hear ringing as incoming calls go straight to voicemail.  Callers can leave a message.  BT at first said that it was a fault outside the house and then it must be a fault inside the house! BT said an engineer would need too be booked. I don't see how it can be a fault inside the house as there is no problem making outgoing calls.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Landline voicemail tripping in before any ringing. How can I stop this happening?

@vintagewireless 

Depending on the Voicemail type, she may need to adjust how soon it answers

Maybe this may help: 0972_CALL_MINDER_AW (bt.com) 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Landline voicemail tripping in before any ringing. How can I stop this happening?

Thanks for the suggestion. She had already changed the setting to 10 rings and it made no difference.

0 Ratings