cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Landline woes

Go to solution

Finally got the broadband live this morning (including a courtesy call from a very pleasant & efficient engineer who called in to make sure the bb was working correctly)

Tried to use the landline (approx 90 mins after bb connected) I have a dialling tone but if I try to use the phone get the "number not recognised msg & phone disconnects)

I do have the smart phone that bt "upgraded" me to but haven't tried that yet

Is there some sort of waiting time for the landline to activate ?

I also cannot find the number for the landline the only number on my bill is for the digital bt smart phone

Any ideas anybody ?

D*ck

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Landline woes

Go to solution

@dcdick 

Where do you have your phone plugged in, is it the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

have you been moved to digital voice?  if so the old openreach phone sockets will not work.  go to hub manager and see if your phone number is shown and if so is it blue or greyed out?  if latter then DV is not active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

@dcdick  D*ck - just checking ..... have you connected the phone directly to the SH2?

EDITED : Sorry @Keith_Beddoe and @imjolly  - our posts crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Are you using the full national number , including the STD code, even if the attempted call is local ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Hi

You would have been given digital voice phone service as copper phone service is being phased out and any new connections are now digital.  On the back of the hub 2 there is a green port and this is where you plug your existing  phone into.  If you have been sent a digital voice handset this works wirelessly.  Plug the phone base into an electrical socket and follow the instructions on the phone display to register the phone with the hub using the WPS button on the hub 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Hi IMJ

Thanks for your reply

In hub manager the phone box is in red & says "not configured"

If I plug the house phone (bt3560 twin) into the hub no dialling tone

if I plug the house phone into the wall socket (master socket , openreach mk4 faceplate fitted by engineer this morning)

normal dialling tone but says "number not recognised " for any number dialled

I have not tried the "smart phone" that came in the box yet

D*ck

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution
Keith, Carlusha, Iniltus, saabina
Thank you for your replys, please see my above post

D*ck
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Make sure when you plug the phone into the green port on the hub that the hub is still plugged into the phone socket with the filter and has a blue light.   I would also try using the new phone bt has sent you as your existing phone may not be compatible.  If none of this works  I would text BT on 61998.  They usually call you back within 30 mins.  They are all UK based advisors.  They will go through set up with you of digital voice and check why it's not working.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

@saabina 

until the phone number is shown in blue in hub manager there is no DV connection and pointless connecting to phone socket on back of hub

@dcdick are you able to dial 17070 as the number will be repeated so you can note for future

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.