cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Lost Landline number, can anyone help please?

Go to solution

@cjh1 

Thanks for the update. I am a bit confused as once you moved your service to BT Retail, they would have informed Vodaphone that they are taking over your service, and all your Vodaphone services would cease, and your number would return back to BT Retail.

That is the way it works, you contact your new provider, and they do everything, including informing your old provider.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

BT said they couldn't set up the new account with my Old number, so it was set up with a new number. I was then going to try to do a renumbering back to the old number. But i was worried this would close all my vodafone services, I actually want to keep the Vodafone broadband as its the only service quicker than 2mbps available to me.

So now I have
-Vodafone gigafast on FTTP 100mbps with working broadband but a phoneline (its VOIP from the router) that is supposed to be my old number but doesn't work (Vodafone can't tell me why, number port stuck in limbo) - £26
-a separate BT copper phoneline just for Landline calls, no broadband. - £11

at £37 that's not too bad and I prefer a solid BT line over the VOIP offering (even if it worked) from Vodafone.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

@cjh1 

What do you get if you ring your old number, ie, the number you want to get back?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution
It still says
'this persons phone is currently unavailable’
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

@cjh1 wrote:
It still says
'this persons phone is currently unavailable’

Its stuck in limbo, not sure why.

As you have a working landline with BT Retail, would you like a moderator to see if they can get your original number back?

Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @cjh1 This sounds like a real pain for you.  If it's still associated with the Vodafone VoIP service we wouldn't be able to place a renumber order. Vodafone will need to make the number spare and available before we would be able to help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe @NeilO 

I'm just going to stick with the new BT number and VF broadband only. Too much risk that trying a renumber will close down the Vodafone broadband I need to keep (then its another 3-4 weeks to get connected again.)

Thanks for all the advice and trying to help.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @cjh1 I can appreciate your concerns, the renumber order simply wouldn't work if the number wasn't spare. It wouldn't cancel another ISP's broadband like a line/broadband take over order would. 

Thanks

Neil