cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Malicious and threatening phone call.

Hi i had a phone call today from a man that knew my last name . Said some vile threatening words saying my last name was scum and to change it now. He hates it, hates me. I am scum.He said alot of other disgusting things.To get off his line. Even though he phoned me on my Landline. I do have his phone number its an 0207 number.Its the first one i have had. I cant remember how to block numbers.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Malicious and threatening phone call.

If you’ve got bt call protect dial 1572 to block the number

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Why did you listen to all those comments and when did you decide to hang up? Would you answer your door to a complete stranger?

Get a caller display unit or call blocker (CPR Call Blocker is very good) and stop answering unknown people.

Lots of house telephones that also have blocking built in.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@DianeW1957  If "threatening words" were used you should report it to the police.

Message 5 of 7

@Dode wrote:

@DianeW1957  If "threatening words" were used you should report it to the police.

I'd say that's your best way forward, especially as you have a number. Professional scammers routinely hide behind spoofed numbers but this sounds personal, which makes it much more likely to be from a genuine number.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @DianeW1957,

I am so sorry to hear about this malicious caller. Their actions are unacceptable. As @Dode has already said, it would be worth reporting this to the police. Take a note of the date and time as you will need this as well as the number you have already saved. 

There are some options available to you. If you have your services with us, we could look at changing your number. If you have a published listing in the directory, we could change it to ex-directory for future releases of the phonebook. 

I would also recommend looking at our page on how you can stop nuisance callers
There is a section about malicious callers and what can be done.

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks

DanielS

Message 7 of 7

Doesn’t sound like a Scam Call or your Random Malicious Call.

You said;

‘To get off his line. Even though he phoned me on my Landline. I do have his phone number its an 0207 number’

Sounds like he’s lost his number for whatever reason, unpaid bill, lost through transfer when swapping from one CP to another, etc and you’ve now been given it as part of your Phone Service as it’s normal to recycle numbers.

The alarming thing is that he knew your last name, how would’ve of got that?

0 Ratings