cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CornRoadInver
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Moving Home New Line Getting Runaround

Moving to a new house in a few weeks time. Raised moving request with BT 6 weeks ago, to give us 8 weeks for them to get it done (plenty time I thought!), however it has not progressed due to waiting on openreach conducting survey. Despite the house being fully complete and just waiting for this final piece Openreach continues to frustrate by not going to complete the line. BT just keep telling us to get the developer to call openreach new sites to get it organised. Developer has done this but still no response from openreach just saying they will check again at the end of the month, no urgency at all. We will have been moved in for over 2 weeks by then. I see some horror stories on here about the length of time connections take and want to desperately avoid going weeks or months without phone or broadband. It only FTTC so not a difficult install compared to FTTP. I have been given my new number too, just getting openreach runaround. Any advice greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving Home New Line Getting Runaround

as a new build it is your developer who should be chasing openreach to get the phone lines connected but if you read the forum the developer/site manager don't appear over enthusiastic and keep telling customer to contact openreach.

you can try this  https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/newhomes/newhomes.do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CornRoadInver
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving Home New Line Getting Runaround

Thanks. We have pushed the developer again. They play innocent and say they’ve never had to do this before. We used the link above and provided them with the assigned openreach contact to talk too. Still waiting though it’s a pity we can’t just go around the developer as they are just getting in the way by the looks of it. 

0 Ratings