cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bishop1
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Moving into a new house several wires over exterior and neighbours line runs inside my house

Go to solution

Hi, 

I'm moving into a house later this month, the house is connected to the network by via a cable to a telegraph pole on the otherside of the street.

I need to remove the exterior cables which have just been draped over the house as I need to get it painted, the adjoining property has a telephone line that runs inside my house down by the front door and all the way along the wall to their house,

I don't understand why a neighbours line would be in my house, how do I get it moved? Presumably I can just cut the lines of the exterior of my house? On any line install how do you insist that the engineers make a good job?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving into a new house several wires over exterior and neighbours line runs inside my house

Go to solution

Hi @Bishop1   I think you need Openreach, this is BT.

https://www.openreach.com/network-services/altering-our-network

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving into a new house several wires over exterior and neighbours line runs inside my house

Go to solution

I assume you no longer have a telephone service provided by a company other than Virgin? As cutting any wires will stop your connection to the external openreach network 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings