cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Mums in her 80s and BT have left her without a phone since since 7th December

So my mum lives alone.

She dosent go out and her landline and internet are her life. With Covid I was less are to visit so I encouraged her to switch from Talktalk to BT.

She got the notifications and an appointment for the engineer. Unfortunately the hub and phones didn't arrive on time but the engineer agreed that I could install the equipment.

Hub worked great but the new digital voice phones weren't recieving incoming calls. For almost 6 weeks my elderly mother has been ringing BT to get the issue resolved. Everyone admits that it is unacceptable but nobody fixes it.

Today she got a Talktalk bill saying she was never transferred. She is at the end of her tether. She is waiting for her GP to contact her about Covid vacinations but is worried he won't get thorough.

I have contacted BT myself but still no progress.  At this point if we could get back to Talktalk I would.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Mums in her 80s and BT have left her without a phone since since 7th December

is the DV phone connected with the hub and get a dial tone?  if so dial 150 - do you get BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Re: Mums in her 80s and BT have left her without a phone since since 7th December

DV phone will ring out. No incoming 

She has spoken to so many advisors she is completely confused.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

do you get BT if you dial 150

were you trying to keep same number and port to BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Not sure as I'm not at her home.

I don't think her number was properly moved from Talktalk so he has Talktalk copper and BT fiber

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

is you mother on FTTP with something like this

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if the can help   they will post here

Message 8 of 15

She has the newest hub. Not sure what the new socket looks like

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Ta 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Every day she rings the support line.

She is in hold for about an hour then gets Somone who he's no knowledge of the case but promises that it will be sorted. She has had a range of mixed messages about what is wrong and how long a fix will take.

This is causing her immense distress and in lockdown she has nothing else to do with her time other than fret.

What she needs is a single point of contact that can keep her updated on progress.
0 Ratings