cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

My Gigaset E560A phone (Which Best Buy) does not seem compatible with BT Digital voice

I bought a Gigaset E560 phone (Which Best Buy) to use with BT Digital Voice when told that switchover to Digital voice was imminent, but now that I have endured the switchover in the first week of November I  am giving up trying to use Gigaset E560 because serious problems have appeared such as inability to make outgoing calls it - it does not seem compatible with BT Digital Voice! Has anyone else had a similar experience?    

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: My Gigaset E560A phone (Which Best Buy) does not seem compatible with BT Digital voice

have you connected the base/phone to the socket on the back of the SH2?   you mat have to remove the sticker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Re: My Gigaset E560A phone (Which Best Buy) does not seem compatible with BT Digital voice

I had a BT Engineer make the necessary connections. He had to use an adapter because my main telephone in-put is in the basement and my hub is located on the ground floor. The adapter had to be coupled with the hub and then plugged in near the base station and the phone input. Several settings on the phone did not work  so BT had to send another engineer but could not do that for 13 days. This second engineer reset the phone system but we found that the we were only able to get incoming calls, the attempts to dial out was always met with line engaged sound. I got onto Gigaset and they gave me details of a complicated process to use that may correct the fault.  I could not cope with this so asked BT for another engineer to help out .  BT then said it best to change to using BT phones and said they will send me a set without any charge.  I am waiting for this and hope I would not have to return to BT yet again and get engineer's help.  My conclusion is that  Gigaset E56OA is not compatible  with BT Digital Voice.  Pity  BT has not checked  this apparently excellent German  phone with their system before (as B T did) advising customers that we can use any make of phone with BT's Digital Voice.  I am now waiting for the BT phones having so far been without a fully functioning land line phone system for 22 days.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Have you actually tried connecting the gigaset base to the socket on the back of the SH2 and then trying phone to see if that works just like other customers have done?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 20

Pity you rushed into buying something that was not needed without trying to discover how BT's Digital Voice works. I have no idea what the inept engineer was trying to achieve, all that is necessary is to simply plug the Gigaset base station into the green phone socket at the rear of the hub, no adapters are required unless you wish to site the base station at a different location to the hub.

You can also try pairing the Gigaset handsets to the hub directly without using the Gigaset base station.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

I have a  Gigaset base station and multiple phone. They work fine when plugged into the BT Smarthub 2.

Not that is an issue for me but attempts to pair a BT DV phone to the Gigaset hub have been unsuccessful.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

so your gigaset phones do work with DV as long as based connected to SH2.  did you remember to unpair the gigaset handset from the gigaset base before trying to pair with the SH2?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

I do not know whether the B TG engineer who set up my Gigaset did that, but the Gigaset as set up by a BT engineer allows in coming calls but does not work for outgoing calls, and BT advice is to abandon the Gigaset and install BT phones.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

I do indeed want to site the base station at a different location to the hub, and I was told that the only way to do that is to use an adapter.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

the easiest way to set gigaset base away from hub is by getting and adapter and pairining that with the SH2 dect base station  that should allow you to connect the gigaset base station and use that in addition to hub phones

0 Ratings