cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

My number appears to have been spoofed

Go to solution

I have received a few calls from people who tell me I have dialled them (which I haven't).  They claim my number phones for one or two rings, but hangs up before they can answer.

Whilst I politely explain this is nothing to do with me, I would like this to stop.

Is there anything I or BT can do, or am I best just getting the phone service removed?  However, as I have recently re-contracted, am I stuck with my spoofy number for the next 18 months?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: My number appears to have been spoofed

Go to solution

This is still ongoing.  

Is there anything that can be done (short of unplugging the phone). 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Chris_S987654321  Talk to BT and explain what is happening, they may offer to change your number, there is little you can do at your end as the calls are not coming from your phone.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Its more likely scammers who are just seeing if your number is active, and you answer the phone.

Get a call blocking phone like the BT4600, and you will only receive calls that are from people that you know, or those that are prepared to either announce themselves first, or leave a message.

I think you will then find that the calls will stop.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Speak with the Nuisance Calls team (NCB) on 0800 661 441, explain your number has been spoofed, they have a few options which can help.

0 Ratings