cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4

New Build Issues Part 2 - Line Installation Fail

So this morning I had a BT engineer come to install the phone line at my new build house.

First things first, BT emailed me this morning with the engineer's phone number and name, which is great because I could then text him to confirm the details of the job. I had to book this morning off from work so I didn't want to waste my time or his. He was able to confirm that he was expecting to install a completely new phone line to a new build house. Great start!

However, when he arrived he found that the telephone pole that he was connecting my house to is out of connections to the exchange. He explained that another team has to come out and fix that and left.

1. How on earth do BT not know that this is the case before sending the engineer out?

2. What happens now? The engineer said it should "take a few days" for BT to send an engineer out but I have no idea what is really going to happen next or when my installation is going to complete.

3. What am I paying for? I'm now just paying for something that has no service. Is my billing stalled because frankly that would be the least that BT should do.

4. Is there no mobile alternative that BT could temporarily provide? Perhaps a loaner Mi-Fi box to make up for the inconvenience? My wife works from home, I've done my part and booked the installation a few weeks ago but BT (as I expected) turn up and completely fail to deliver on what is promised and waste my holiday time on literally achieving nothing.

Anyone got any suggestions on what is going to happen next and answers to my questions above?
(Sorry that this sounds a little angry but.. I guess I'm a little angry. Sorry.)

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Build Issues Part 2 - Line Installation Fail

Anyone?
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

I received a call last week to tell me that the line had been installed to the telephone pole and that an engineer would come on 8th May (today) to install the line to my house.

I booked the day off and waited for the engineer.
He arrived, said the lines have still not been installed and left.

This is ridiculous.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Anonymous,

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry the activation on your new line has been delayed. I can take a look at what is happening with your order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings