cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: New Digital Voice Service - I can make calls out but not receive any

Go to solution

@JR65 

if you go hub manager does it show your phone number and active?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

Go to solution

So OpenReach have been, surprise surprise no network or Broadband issues. He plugs his own phone into the hub, calls it and hey presto it works, plug mine back in and it works. So I try and it doesn’t, engineer’s mobile is on EE. So like you it only works when called from the EE network, not landlines or other service providers.

Engineer, who also had the same issue which took 7 weeks to resolve, calls in, we are told they have done tests and have identified that it’s the digital adapter that is at fault. Not sure how many times we told them that the engineer’s test phone plugged directly into the hub has the same issues but it was a lot before it finally sank in. 

They have now passed the issue onto the offline team…again.  This is really frustrating especially as it seems to be a common issue, so why don’t tech support know about it and how to resolve it?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

Go to solution

I'm fairly computer literate but afraid I don't know how to get onto the Hub Manager.  Could you please advise me?

I have this morning spoken to the 13th BT expert, again very pleasant, and he seems to think the  Digital Voice connection is missing so will see if he can try out something and will call me  back in 2 hours or so.  If it doesn't work then it is back to the engineers who are meant to be working on the fault, which I registered on 14.10.24 and BT registered on 14.10.24.  We had used Digital Voice for years until I was told all was up and running just fine on 14.10.24 and the phone disconnected sometime between then and the following morning.  I just wonder what happened during those hours.

Incidentally, I was told that Openreach engineers can't come to check anything as it is all carried out digitally so I was very surprised to read that they visited the home of a Community member recently to  try to fix a problem.

0 Ratings