cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjanes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 201 of 294

Re: New Digital Voice home phone service on BT

If you have fttp and the tel1 light is on on the fibre modem, you could plug your phone in to that and dial 142599. Be aware though,this will diconnect you copper phone line 

0 Ratings
Lammers
Beginner
Message 202 of 294

Thanks. I have FTTP being installed in a couple of weeks, and as part of that my phone line is being moved to Digital Voice. I’d like to use a different router instead of the Smart Hub 2 but I gather the Digital Voice piece may require it. Is the service accessible from the tel ports on the ONT or only from the Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 203 of 294

only from smart hub 2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Lammers
Beginner
Message 204 of 294

Thanks. And sorry to labour the point, but are there no alternatives to that?

0 Ratings
Hozz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 205 of 294

I have a separate box for using Digital Voice with non-BT DECT handsets instead of using the Smart Hub 2 phone output.

I was given it as part of a BT trial of the equipment and it seems to work fine.

I presume it will be rolled out as an accessory in due course.

It is called a Digital Voice Adaptor item code 101488.

It plugs into the mains and it registers on the BT Smart Hub 2 in the same way as a BT DV phone.

You then plug your 3rd. party DECT base station or any other phone into it.

0 Ratings
Hozz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 206 of 294

I do not think there is any alternative to using a Smart Hub 2 for BT Digital Voice but am happy to be corrected on that.

0 Ratings
Lammers
Beginner
Message 207 of 294

Okay, thanks. Will try to figure something out then. 

0 Ratings
Simillger
Beginner
Message 208 of 294

Issues!  Called BT to stop an automatic up-grade that would have cost me £4.50 more and ended up being offered a better deal which included moving me onto the new Digital Voice service and provision of the HD Voice (Advanced) handset. 

Plugged it in and all seemed good.... shortly after that the 4 cordless regular handsets I had dotted around the house stopped working.  

That was fine as the new handset was all crystal clear (constant crackling on the line has been an issue for almost 2 years since moving to BT).

I need many handsets as I am disabled, so purchased 3 x additional ones via ebay.  All plugged in and working well.

I can make calls from any of the new handsets.... but I've received calls on my mobile from several people telling me that the landline number is ringing but not answered - or they get an unobtainable tone....

When I call the landline from my mobile, it rings?

What on earth is going on?  None of this seems to make sense?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 209 of 294

I presume you new phone are not compatible with digital voice and are also not dect so can connect to hub which is the base unit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Simillger
Beginner
Message 210 of 294

The phone was sent to me by BT for use specifically with the Digital Voice service they'd just sold to me?  I can use the handsets to make calls without any issue....  which is why it seems so strange?  

They all linked seamlessly to the hub and to one another (phone directories appear on each)

0 Ratings