Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FBK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 221 of 294

Re: New Digital Voice home phone service on BT

Thanks for the update Keith.

It's strange that I had this problem some weeks ago and again BT fixed it somehow, but I'm concerned that if they are changing settings somewhere within the DV system which fixed it, why it should reoccur?

Ken

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 222 of 294

@FBK wrote:

Thanks for the update Keith.

It's strange that I had this problem some weeks ago and again BT fixed it somehow, but I'm concerned that if they are changing settings somewhere within the DV system which fixed it, why it should reoccur?

Ken

Well this is reminiscent of the old Broadband Talk service, it was often going wrong because the network routing kept going down. I suspect that DV is going to suffer the same issues.

micdev42
Beginner
Message 223 of 294

There is so much misinformation on Digital Voice!

As someone else pointed out, you can use your existing ancient 'normal' phone - you don't need a digital one.

BT confirm this here: https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--will-my-existing-phone-and-fax-machine-still-work 

Some confusion was created by the OP Community Moderator when he said incorrectly that you needed a new digital phone.

0 Ratings
micdev42
Beginner
Message 224 of 294

>>> might not work with alarms etc...

If I can plug a 25 yr old handset into the back of a SH2, why wouldn't I be able to do the same with my mother's personal alarm base station that is currently plugged into her master socket and connected via copper wires? Or am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Simillger
Beginner
Message 225 of 294

Still no incoming calls.... despite weekly phone calls (BT have now started to call me as of 19th October).  So it's been over two months....

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 226 of 294

@Simillger 

Just to confirm, you can make outgoing calls (and your number show's up) ?  But what happens if you call your landline?

I had an issue (unbeknownst to me) that my incoming calls didn't work once I was moved over to DV - I rarely had calls to my landline before) - In the end it required the intervention of one oh the moderators here to get it sorted.

I believe it was a routing issue. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
glennbentley
Contributor
Message 227 of 294

Now I know the stance from BT is still 'To begin with, we're offering Digital Voice only in certain scenarios to manage the number of customers moving over'.

I just find it strange that I can go on BT.com as a new customer, put in my address and order Digital Voice.  Yet as an existing customer I can't order it online and indeed if you ring up BT, customer advisors aren't even able to place the order either!

I suppose my question is, is there any existing customers out there being offered to switch over yet to Digital Voice, and I don't mean when placing an broadband upgrade order or anything, just a straight forward invite to upgrade to Voice?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 228 of 294

@glennbentley 

Digital Voice is only available to customers on an FTTP connection.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 229 of 294

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@glennbentley 

Digital Voice is only available to customers on an FTTP connection.

I have digital voice on my FTTC connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
glennbentley
Contributor
Message 230 of 294

I have FTTP, I'm on Fibre 100 with Halo 1
0 Ratings