Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 291 of 294

Re: New Digital Voice home phone service on BT

If you choose to have your phone service supplied by BT Consumer, though you can get Broadband without the phone service and move the phone service to an alternative VoIP provider. Technically possible just not heard anyone who's tried going through that process yet.

0 Ratings
Fumbledore
Contributor
Message 292 of 294

I did try a few years ago and the problem was if you wanted to migrate your phone number away to another VOIP provider, then they terminated your whole account which would mean losing your Broadband service.  

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 293 of 294

it has changed now with start of digital voice and VOIP.  you can now get broadband without ability to make or receive calls  you still need to pay for the line so package includes line rental

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Fumbledore
Contributor
Message 294 of 294

Yes I realise that now. When I tried it was when the landline was the driving factor for a connection. I would still like to know if there is anyway to maintain my Fibre data connection, but get my landline number released so I can attach it to my VOIP service which is not BT. 

0 Ratings