I have just moved into an estate of 28 flats built in 1920s near Oakwood Tube London. Nearly a month ago, jus before completion, I booked a BT line.
I had BT engineer around on Friday who told me that (amazingly) it appears no-one on the estate has BT - there are no overhead cables and there doesn't appear to be underground cabling. The estate is however cabled for Cable London. (I've had Cable London before and (......yuck! not a good experience).).
Despite being in line of site of the tube station, the 4G reception is pants in the area, presumably because of the interference from the (overland) tube.
I need BT as they're the only reliable Broadband I've had over many years and I often have to work from home due to work requirements and potentially future lockdown regulations etc.
The BT engineer said that usually Openreach will install stuff the next day.....but I then got a call from BT saying that because there is no line there, there will be a delay and my next update is 16th September ..... and then I'll be told what date I might get BT installed.
It sounds as if I'm getting a run around.
It is ridiculous that BT agreed a move in date over a month ago and then did nothing to prepare - they must have known that there wasn't a line to the estate.
My questions are:
1. What are BT's legal obligations to provide a landline/broadband (personally I'm only interested in the broadband).
2. are BT obliged to provide a stop gap until they've installed the cabling
3. What are the timelimits for putting up cabling etc
4. is there anything I can do (like an OfCom complaint) to hurry BT up.
I forgot to say ... I work in the mental health industry and often get "urgent support calls" from vulnerable clients....and then need to go to video conference to support them
Hi @Apegia and welcome.
Thanks for posting about your home move order. If there is no Openreach network at your new address then a survey will need to be carried out to determine how to get you connected. That's probably what the update will be on the 16th. Unfortunately due to the current backlog there's nothing we can do at present to get that moved forward. I know that's not perfect but once you get an installation date get in touch and we'll check if this can be brought forward for you.