cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

New line install problem

Openreach engineer should have been here this morning for a complete new line install and broadband set up which I paid £30 for.

Turned up at 3.15pm. Asked if I had a master socket.Well no because as I explained when I booked the appointment it's a brand new install. Anyway he's put the master socket in and run the cable up the back of the house but can't connect it to the pole because it needs an engineer in a hoist. So I have to wait for another appointment for this. Anyone any clue how long it might take them and meanwhile I'm paying for a landline and broadband I can't use.Will I get this credited? Any help appreciated

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: New line install problem

You should only be charged once your line has been activated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

It's a home move.I'm already in contract with BT. I presume they'll credit for the days I'm waiting in the new house
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@carolines1180wrote:
It's a home move.I'm already in contract with BT. I presume they'll credit for the days I'm waiting in the new house

Yes, the billing system is setup to do this automatically, eligible customers also get Automatic Compensation 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Ok great. That's something at least.They've given me a £30 credit for messing the appointment up. Just have no idea how long I'll be waiting for the appropriate engineer
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Good morning @carolines1180 

Welcome to the BT Community. 

I'm really sorry for the hold up getting your services connected at your new address.  Has a new appointment been agreed to get the remainder of the work completed?  Keep us posted how things are going.

If you're still having problems we can pick up from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The engineer should have arranged a hoist at the time. Obviously at the end of the day. He should of retained the job and gone back the next day with a hoist assist. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Had to phone BT this afternoon to get an update. Engineer booked for Tues 1pm-6pm.I've been assured it'll be an equipped engineer to finish the work.We shall see.
0 Ratings