cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

New voicemail messages but no VM service

Go to solution

Having been moved to BT's Digital Voice platform earlier this week, I found that 1571 voicemail had been enabled. I cancelled the service, but it seems that two unread voicemails that I left while testing out the new setup have not been deleted as part of the cessation. So I now have an interrupted dial tone and no obvious way to mark the unread messages as read.

I can see one possible solution - to reinstate voicemail, read the messages, and then cancel voicemail again - which I guess will work as long as no-one leaves a message between the cancellation request and the cessation of service, but I'm hoping there might be a more elegant solution...hoping...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: New voicemail messages but no VM service

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: New voicemail messages but no VM service

Go to solution

I reinstated the service, whereupon all the messages disappeared. I then cancelled it again, and everything is now fine. Since the changes are near-instantaneous, my concern about new messages coming in during the period between request and cessation was baseless.

I can see no reason why messages should remain after the VM service is cancelled but then be deleted as soon as it is reinstated. This looks like an error.

0 Ratings