cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

No audio when receiving or making calls

Go to solution

I keep getting problems making and receiving calls with no audio

If i restart my EE Pro hub it then comes back for a while but not very good think this is the 3rd time I have noticed it

I will attempt to see if next time it is one way audio etc as might indicate something like possible a SIP ALG problem (We have no control or means of seeing these settings on the EE Pro Hub or any uPNP opened ports seems poor security) issue as the control (TCP) channel obviously working as it calls but no UDP audio

Working again now but if you have known issues you are working on it would be appreciated

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: No audio when receiving or making calls

Go to solution

if using the EE pro hub are you now with EE?  if so try EE forum

https://community.ee.co.uk/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Ack thanks some bit are EE some BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for those links will be very useful to point towards when it next occurs and I call as 1st line seem unaware and just switch on off is the answer. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I experienced this same problem for the first time today.  Having had no issues with Digital Voice and my BT Hub for the first year or so, I found my phones playing up today.  The phone rings OK, for both inward and outward calls, but neither caller nor receiver can hear a voice.  So I followed the steps outlined by the BT online troubleshooter, which entailed resetting all 4 of my handsets.  No good, still not working, same problems as before.  So I have just tried switching my BT Hub off and on.  And bingo, success!  But in light of others' experience, I do wonder how long it will last.  And is there some technical issue here that BT need to resolve.

Any comments welcome, from both users and/or BT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

From reading some other posts it is accoring again possibly once a week

As customers we have little view of what is happening on the actual routers to hear people it needs to open what is called UDP ports to carry audio (but we can't see that on router) often via SIP proxy, the call setup is via TCP so why actually rings

See some mention of router changes fixing but do not know what routers what version or the whys. Sounds more like a software problem but who can tell keep alive, upnp, Sig Alg 

Note I am not a BT customer  (my parents are) but an EE one