Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 13

Re: No incoming calls

Go to solution

@iniltouswrote:

It may be quicker to accept a new number, all BT would have to do would be issue a renumber order , so possibly a couple of days to complete...if BT try and retrieve the 'Sky' number, it could take much longer with no guarantee of success, ( and no incoming calls in this period) so it all depends on how important the number is to you, if the number was a Sky number initially, given that their LLU network isn't that many years old , it's unlikely that you have had the number for that long  ( relatively speaking )  the so it may not be that much trouble if you have to get a new number and have to advise people you know what the new number is.

I disagree, the OP does NOT need a new number.

This needs sorting out, it's not actually difficult. BT need to contact TT in order to see what has gone wrong. TT can then check their exchange data to see where they ported the number. It's pure software.

I don't see how Sky are involved here at all, they will not be aware of anything, it's TT that need to port it properly. Sky don't get the number back, they've already ported and hence washed their hands of any involvement years ago.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

Perhaps you should read my post more carefully, I never suggested they need a new number, I said it MAY be quicker to accept a new number ( as the OP had indicated they were not particularly attached to the number anyway.) ...as far as nothing to do with Sky, the OP has indicated that the number was originally a Sky number, so it's entirely possible that it's been returned to the range holder (Sky) , so should the OP decide that they do want the number, then Sky are involved if they have the number back, again, I said depending on what TT have done.

It  was in effect a question I raised, what's  quicker, sorting out the messed up port , or a renumber, I never indicated my preference, I do have an opinion what will be quicker

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

This has been sorted and @johnlit has his number back, it appears that the original range holder didn't release the number on time to allow the original number port to complete so this had to be requested again with the assistance of the Openreach number port team.