cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

No outgoing calls on digital phone and phone number issue

I am experiencing a really poor and lengthy switchover.  Despite numerous phone calls to BT for help I am still without an incoming line and BT don’t keep me informed.

In brief:

18th Nov 20: Order placed for broadband plus home phone

1st Dec 20: Equipment received (hub and digital voice phone)

12th Jan 21: Broadband & outgoing phone calls connected following significant delay.  Phone programmed with old number and identifies as this when making outgoing calls

Feb 21: BT advised me that they can’t ‘port’ my old number and a new number issued on my account

2nd Mar 21: I called my old provider to ‘disconnect’ my old phone, as this part of my old package had been reactivated late Dec 20 (by BT?) – likely due to delayed broadband connection; I was still receiving bills for this ‘zero’ service.

4th Mar 21: ‘New’ number quoted on my account belongs to another householder (I know because I called it from my mobile and spoke to them)

I would appreciate any ideas of what I need to do next?  To date (7th Mar 21) no solutions attempted by BT helpline have worked

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

No Digital Voice INCOMING calls and phone number issue

Sorry previous post incorrectly titled

I am experiencing a really poor and lengthy switchover.  Despite calls to BT for help I am still without an incoming line and BT don’t keep me informed.

In brief:

18th Nov 20: Order placed for broadband plus home phone

1st Dec 20: Equipment received (hub and digital voice phone)

12th Jan 21: Broadband & outgoing phone calls connected following significant delay.  Phone programmed with old number and identifies as this when making outgoing calls

Feb 21: BT advised me that they can’t ‘port’ my old number and issued a new number on my account

2nd Mar 21: I called my old provider to ‘disconnect’ my old phone, as this part of my package had been reactivated late Dec 20 (by BT?) – likely due to the delayed broadband connection; I was still receiving bills for this ‘zero’ service by old provider

4th Mar 21: ‘New’ number quoted on my account belongs to another householder (I know because I called it from my mobile and spoke to them)

I would appreciate any ideas of what I need to do next?  To date (7th Mar 21) no solutions attempted by the BT helpline have worked

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: No Digital Voice INCOMING calls and phone number issue

what phone number is shown in hub manager?  is it blue or greyed out?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Re: No Digital Voice INCOMING calls and phone number issue

It is blue with my 'old' number quoted (this number also matches the DECT handset)
0 Ratings