cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

No ringing sound when getting a call

All my incoming calls are answered by my answering machine which is connected to the hub directly. Callers have to leave a message on my answering machine. So I don’t know if anyone phones me unless I go to the room where the hub is, which is very inconvenient.

I miss calls involving hospital appointments and also from friends and family. I am getting nowhere with my communications with BT telephone calls or chats. Engineer appointments have failed to materialised or else been cancelled. Is this a common fault? Why am I paying for a phone which does not work properly.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: No ringing sound when getting a call

Have you checked MYBT then digital voice to see if the answering system is set to answer immediately and if so change it to suitable number of rings before answering machine

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: No ringing sound when getting a call

What phones do you have & how are they connected? There have been reports of some  very old models needing a microfilter added to proved the ring wire. If the phones are older, see if you can borrow something newer to test to prove that's the issue.

If using BT's DVA then also try moving it next to the SH2 to check it's not a range issue. If not, try resetting it & pairing it again.

0 Ratings