Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmsajid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: No wiring inside Master Socket

Go to solution

@StarwireLooking at your answer it seems like my property is wired and an engineer visit is not required. However, I connected my router within the socket and I can see the purple light is just flashing.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

First thing is if you connect a phone do you get a dial tone.  You need dial tone before you can get fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ahmsajid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Ahhh ok. Then I need to wait till tomorrow. Since I am with Virgin Media I never needed a phone. I have ordered a phone hopefully will receive it tomorrow. I can do a quick check tomorrow and provide my feedback here. I really appreciate your respose trying to provide a solution

0 Ratings
Mateen46
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Hi All, 

I'm in the same boat as ahmsajid.

I've inserted the phone line directly in the test socket as instructed. However, there's still no dial tone and the line's still dead.

Is there anything else that I can do myself to fix it, before I call for help from the unresponsive BT support number?

0 Ratings
ahmsajid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

@Mateen46I am relieved to hear that I am not the only one having this problem.
My new broadband installation date was on 30th March, but Openreach currently put  onhold all home visits due to COVID-19 situation.
So I assume there may be a socket but it may not be connected to the cabinet.
I guess Openreach can connect my home without a visit, but not sure why they haven't done that. Anways I am still waiting for my landphone to be delivered tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that I can get a dial tone. Maybe putting my hopes too high 😜

0 Ratings
ahmsajid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

@imjollyI connected the phone today and do not hear any dial tone. So this explains that my property does not have a phone connection. Even though the Master socket have AB terminals connected - does the Openreach engineers need to come and visit my property for installation?

Can't they connect my premises from the cabinet?

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

In both cases the engineer may need to get into your premises to plug a tracking tone into your phone socket. He would then need to go to the Copper cabinet (PCP) and trace where your line is located in order to push dial tone through from the telephone exchange.

As has been mentioned openreach engineers are not currently going into customers premises due to Covid-19

•  
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
ahmsajid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
@Devon_Dave thank you for your detailed answer. I will then wait for the engineers to resume their operations.
0 Ratings