cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Noise on my line

Go to solution

For 3 weeks i have been trying to get my landline fixed. 6 engineers booked, none came into house, and nothing resolved.

BT operators blatantly lying to me about things i know aren't true, there answer to everything is to book an engineer.

I need a number or something to speak to someone, other than an operator to help me fix this.

I have noise on the line and tried 3 different phones in the master socket, there was noise on all 3. The noise comes and goes or sounds worse somedays to others.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Noise on my line

Go to solution

@Emma05 wrote:

For 3 weeks i have been trying to get my landline fixed. 6 engineers booked, none came into house, and nothing resolved.

BT operators blatantly lying to me about things i know aren't true, there answer to everything is to book an engineer.

Not sure what else you expect them to do, you need an engineer visit to resolve the problem.

I need a number or something to speak to someone, other than an operator to help me fix this.

Nobody can fix the fault remotely, you need an engineer.

I have noise on the line and tried 3 different phones in the master socket, there was noise on all 3. The noise comes and goes or sounds worse somedays to others.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

did you check in the test socket to see if noise still there   test socket is behind the faceplate of master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Yes, i took off the covering and tried 3 separate phones. Noise was still there. Was told fault was found at exchange, then was told it was fixed. Noise still there and internet still dropping

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Emma05, welcome to the forum and sorry that you are having so much trouble getting a fault with your service fixed. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this repaired.

cheers

John

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I have had 6 separate engineer appointments booked by BT, none came to the house. I was told fault was at the exchange and had been fixed. It hasn't.

Each engineer that has been sent out has only went to the exchange, i am aware it can't be fixed remotely

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
I'm aware i need an engineer and that it can't be fixed remotely, 6 booked, none came to house and problem still there
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Just reply to the mods as invited, they will arrange an engineer.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Well i hope after 6 failed engineer visits, number 7 will get me sorted

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

🤞

0 Ratings