cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Not able to receive all incoming calls

I bought a new BT 3 phones set. I've plugged it to the mains and plugged the line to my BT broadband box because I no longer have a phone wall socket. In the beginning the phones worked fine until I started getting calls where I only hear a clicking noise but can't hear caller. I know the calls are genuine because the callers then call my mobile to say they hear the same thing. They can hear a clicking noise but not me. 

I've changed the line cord and it's made no difference. Same again the phones worked fine for a while and then stops working. However if I pull out the line from the broadband box and put it back in a few seconds, the phones work again until the next time I get clicking responses. 

I can't keep doing this every time. What do you think is the problem and how do I fix it other than buy a replacement phone set? 

Your responses would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Not able to receive all incoming calls

Does this happen on all Handsets?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Since the switch to digital voice (!) incoming calls break, stop, disappear.

Stumbled upon your message while seeking something else.

You see, it's quite poor having to pay extra upon CPI because I'm tied to a contract, but when I'm encouraged to improve a perfect phone system wione which is not fit for purpose, then I begin to question the integrity of BT.

There's more, but this isn't the place.

Suffice to say, a company in the vanguard of digital innovation should be able to replicate the success of the early Edwardians.

Message 4 of 9

as you are using the socket on back of BT hub then you have digital voice so have you tried going to hub manager  http://192.168.1.254/ then select phone number and then select reset base and see if that helps your phone connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 9

With respect Mr Jolly

I will not try to fix/repair anything supplied to me for which I pay.

While your post was more directly aimed at another, too often I have followed instructions on the phone from BT, me on my back, cables everywhere!

Never again. If it doesn't work, two options: 1). BT repair it. , And 2). A refund.

You should read the posts on the Fibre 900 threads.... people switching routers, buying different cabling. Perhaps it's a hobby.

Would I fix my own car if it was under warranty?

Message 6 of 9

@Kilgeever53 

You can choose whatever you want to do but my post was intended for the post originator @Kator2  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 9

Yes this happens to all 3 devices even if I unplug 2 of them.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I will try this to see if it works, thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

As acknowledged clearly in opening paragraph two.
A public forum, related issue, relevant content.
Thanks
0 Ratings