cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Not receiving French mobile calls after change to Digital Voice

Since moving to Digital Voice  on 18/02/2022 we have been unable to receive calls from my son's French mobile.

He tells me (via WhatsApp!) that his call goes straight to Voicemail with a Call Protect message "1572 ... the person you have called has chosen not to receive certain numbers....."

Once we found this out

1. I found that the service is provided with Call Protect ON, including  international calls, withheld numbers & unrecognised numbers also BT's Black list.

2. I switch all the above off - to no effect

3. I  disabled call protect.

The calls still went to junk mail.

I discovered that the number was registering in recent callers list.

I called the fibre team who have been investigating and promised a call back today (which did not happen.

Has any one any sugestions?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Not receiving French mobile calls after change to Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Did you try adding your son's number into you phone contacts?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 8

Hi @edwinm,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry that your Son's calls won't come through as normal.

Add him to your contacts as @imjolly has said. If the calls still don't come through, it may be worth turning off the voicemail, temporarily, to see if his calls come through to you. If you can't do this yourself, let me know and I'll send you a message.

Let me know how you get on, please.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 5 of 8

Thank you both for your suggestion. @imjolly @DanielS 

I had asked the BT support person if there was a white list and was told there wasn't! However I had already added my son's number to my contacts to no avail. As previously mentioned, I have switched off call protect as well as the other 3 options. It seems there have been 10 junk calls.

However in the list of last calls my son's number appears marked as blacklist NO!

I'm running out of logical explanations.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Did you make the changes to call protect using the phone or did you make the changes by going to MYBT where you can  choose to receive  international calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I used MY BT, thinking that that would affect the whole account rather than one handset.

I also restarted hub.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Good morning @edwinm,

I was out of the office yesterday but wanted to check in and see if there was any change here.

If you still can't get any call from France, please, reply back to my private message. If my team can't help, we'll get you in touch with someone who can.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings